Wheel Operator Legalities
SATSA developed a toolkit to assist operators, guides, and drivers with the full application process, what to keep in the vehicle, and what to do when stopped by a traffic official.
The POPI Act and How it Applies to Tourism
South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), which took effect on 1 July 2020, requires all businesses which process personal information of both natural persons and juristic persons to comply with the Act’s eight conditions for lawful processing, by 1 July 2021.
SATSA in collaboration with industry experts created and sourced the relevant resources and guides to better assist you with ‘getting’ POPI compliant.
SATSA resources:SATSA’s Privacy Toolkit (we need to download and reload on the new site when the old one is down) Webinar: Unpacking the POPI Act for Tourism Business. To view the recording click here and to access the FAQS, click here. (we need to download and reload on the new site when the old one is down)
For additional information and resources, please click on the links below: (we need to download the SATSA ones and reload on the new site when the old one is down)
- POPI: Why, how and when to apply for Prior Authorisation
- POPI: The importance of a COC
- POPI: Why you need an ‘Information Officer’
- Tourism businesses face steep fines for POPI non-compliance
- How ready is the Tourism Industry for travel and POPI?
- POPI Act comes into effect in July – what does this mean for tourism?