Who Is SATSA
Established in 1969, SATSA is a non-profit membership-based tourism industry association, currently representing over 1,100 inbound tourism products across Southern Africa offering a wide range of services and products across the tourism value chain.
Members have a combined economic footprint of:
Current membership per category:
Why SATSA Exists
SATSA’s offering is two-fold:
- To provide agents and buyers with recourse, advice, information, and access to credible tourism products and providers in the Southern African inbound tourism industry
- To provide members with key services and benefits as well as represent them on issues impacting the inbound tourism sector. These include:
- A stamp of credibility
- A lobbying voice for the industry
- Information, best practices, and updates
- Education opportunities
- Tourism self-regulation projects
- Marketing and networking
- Member discounts
The appearance of the SATSA logo indicates excellent quality, recourse, vetted and financially stable businesses with all legal requirements and insurances in place.
Members are bound by a code of conduct that promotes professionalism in all areas of operation and is bonded with third-party indemnity. Membership denotes integrity, credibility and stability and is widely recognised locally and abroad.