Including the SATSA logo in your marketing collateral will acknowledge that you have been certified by the association as a provider of quality tourism services – providing assurance to local and international buyers.
Bonding provides clients and members assurance that your company is in a position to guarantee a refund on pre-tour deposits should you or another member be placed under involuntary insolvency. This is subject to the terms and conditions of the SATSA Lost Advances Fund. Click here for more information on Bonding
SATSA members benefit from extensive networking opportunities with other members as well as leading industry figures and prospective clients that deal through SATSA.
SATSA champions member’s interests with government to ensure South Africa has a legislative and fiscal framework conducive to growing a sustainable tourism industry. We engage in ongoing interaction with South African Tourism (SAT), provincial and regional tourism bodies to ensure optimum return on investment on generic marketing of Southern Africa.
SATSA communicates the benefits of working with its members as credible partners, both locally and abroad. Our association is well-recognised internationally, with Head Office often fielding calls and emails from international buyers and agents enquiring whether a product is SATSA accredited.
Liaison with Tourism Stakeholders
SATSA has close links with:
- National Department of Tourism (NDT)
- South African Tourism (SAT)
- Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA)
- Association of South African Travel Agents (ASATA)
- Tourism Marketing SA (TOMSA)
- Culture Art Tourism Hospitality and Sports Sector Education and Training Authority (CATHSSETA)
- Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa (FEDHASA)
- Airlines Association of Southern Africa (AASA)
- Board of Airline Representatives of South Africa (BARSA)
- Provincial Tourism Authorities
SATSA has an exclusive partnership with Bidvest Bank, offering the following services to our members:
- Dedicated account manager per business to assist with all banking needs
- Foreign currency accounts, available in 17 different currencies
- Referral commission for any travel foreign exchange purchased by your customers
- Online direct dealing for all foreign currency transactions, plus delivery service for travel foreign exchange
- Safe currency to reduce security risks
For more information or to get in touch with a Bidvest Bank representative in your area, click here
Short Term Insurance
SATSA has an exclusive partnership with SATIB who has negotiated the following services for our members:
- SATSA-branded bouquet of short-term insurance offered exclusively to members
- Per vehicle per seat cover can be purchased daily online
- Extremely favourable rates based on SATSA’s large membership
- Member issue-driven annual conference
- Chapter meetings with key note speakers of topics of relevance
- Newsletters that include communication from SATSA’s Head Office, and industry news about events, members and partners
- Receive immediate notice of events and news and join the conversation through our social media channels
With regards to Market Access, SATSA offers our members the following:
- SATSA’s website carries member company listings and benefits from excellent search engine optimisation. We are proud to say that our website receives close to 40 000 page views a month – including web visitors from United States, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, Sweden and India
- Speed Marketing Workshops in partnership with SAT that introduce buyers to local products they might not have otherwise been made aware of
- International roadshows, such as SAT India Roashow, prioritise SATSA members and is only opened to our members and graded establishments
- Tradeshows afford SATSA members the opportunity to exhibit at discounted rates. We have partnerships with both Africa’s Travel Indaba as well as WTM Africa. Details for participation in these are advertised through the SATSA Newsletter
Each of our members are assigned a Member Relationship Consultant who will be your first point of contact. Your consultant will ensure timeous and professional support of any elements of the business. This will be done in accordance with the MOI and the Code of Conduct. The annual review process will be processed through your dedicated consultant
Chapter meetings provide fantastic networking opportunities, reports and updates on member lobby issues, as well as an industry-relevant guest speaker. Member challenges and issues are raised through the chapter structure to national level.
All documentation and interfaces are logged on the SATSA internal system. If you’re unable to contact your personal consultant any team member in the corporate office will be able to assist you.
SATSA Code of Conduct
Offers assurance of high service standards, quality products, professionalism, financial integrity and stability.
On behalf of our members, SATSA has negotiated various discounted offers including:
- Airfare in partnership with Airlink:
Airlink offer SATSA members the benefit of reduced travel on an AD75 standby or AD50 confirmed basis.
The booking request must be sent from SATSA at least 7 working days prior to departure. The application from the member must be on their letterhead and signed by office manager – also copy of ID document being used to travel on.
Please be advised that AD75 means Air Discounted, you only pay 25% of the amount of the ticket. The AD50, you pay 50% of the ticket.
The rebate flight application is only for SATSA Members, not for children. This is for business and not for pleasure. An AD75 is a on standby basis.
- Car hire in partnership with Bidvest Car Rental:
Bidvest Car Rental has agreed to offer a 20% discount to SATSA members. Non tour operator members, who are unlikely to have a preferential agreement in place, can now benefit from reduced priced car rental when travelling domestically on sales trips or for other work commitments.
For more information or to make use of these exclusive offers, contact Tintswalo on email@example.com or 011 886 9996.
- Legal advice in partnership with Louis-the-Lawyer
LOUIS-THE-LAWYER® (ADV. Louis Nel), who has 35 years of experience in the tourism industry with a special focus on risk identification and management is offering SATSA members the following:
• R1 000 discount on Legal Advice Club Membership
• 10 minutes phone/e-mail per month per SATSA member free access to legal advice from a tourism specialist, whether you join the Legal Advice Club or not
For more information on the Legal Advice Club, click here
Become a member today !
To apply for SATSA Membership complete the basic application form here