SATSA members are invited to attend and/or sponsor the first annual African Association of Visitor Experiences and Attractions (AAVEA) to be held on 21 and 22 August at the Radisson Red V&A Waterfront in Cape Town.
The two-day AAVEA conference will offer delegates an opportunity to engage with key stakeholders and professionals in the tourism visitor experiences and attractions sector. Delegates will gain the latest insights into best practice, trends, management, and benchmarking. Networking events also open collaboration opportunities. Panellists and presenters share personal experiences and case studies of real-world excellence.
AAVEA represents the interests of visitor experiences and attractions, raising awareness of the contribution they make to the broader tourism industry. The annual conference provides education, networking, and collaboration opportunities. AAVEA members are visitor experience and attraction professionals, tourism industry stakeholders, and suppliers to visitor experiences and attractions.
Why get involved?
The conference offers unprecedented promotion opportunities and access to meet with and establish relationships with decision makers and key industry stakeholders. For SATSA members it is an opportunity to market their businesses, promote their products and services while sharing knowledge, discussing trends and news relevant to the community.
Topics to be covered
- What do young people want in an attraction, besides Wi-Fi?
- Family entertainment: the next big thing and how to make it work
- Preventing fraud: what to look out for
- Learning from each other: museums and attractions
- Franchising into Africa
- The changing nature of attraction retail
- When planning and IRL collide
- My journey through the ranks of attraction management
- Oh sh*t, I f#cked up (aka we all make mistakes!)
- Five numbers every attraction manager should be on top of
- The state of the attractions industry in Ghana and Kenya
- The dos and Don’ts of working with social influencers
Click here for a partnership prospectus that offers the opportunity to take part, enjoy the sessions, promote your business to a focused audience and participate in robust discussion in a collaborative environment. Also click here for the partnership booking form.
Please visit the website for additional information about AAVEA and the conference.