Dear SATSA Members
As a follow-up to our June 2018 communication regarding the “SAVE THE DATE” for the ‘Learn SA’ Middle East Roadshow, South African Tourism has been informed that there will be a South African Heads of Mission Conference that will take place in South Africa over the same period. This means that they have to consider alternative dates for the Roadshow.
Due to this unforeseen development, the new dates for the ‘Learn SA’ Middle East Roadshow will be from 17 – 27 November 2018 in Iran (Tehran); UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi); Kuwait (Kuwait City) and Saudi Arabia (Jeddah). Dates include travel days with the actual event starting in Iran on 19 November and ending in Jeddah on 26 November.
South African Tourism received an overwhelming response for participation in the Roadshow, however, space is limited to only 25 exhibitors that will be segmented into tour operators, accommodation establishments and experiences.
In line with the South African Tourism’s strategy for the Middle East region, preference will be given to exhibitors who meet the following criteria:
- Small, Medium and Micro-sized Enterprise (SMME) emerging businesses that are currently investing in the market
- Exhibitors who offer Muslim-friendly packages and are able to demonstrate that the offerings take into account the basic faith based needs of these specific markets
- Exhibitors that offer experiences should have a minimum of three experiences to offer on the Roadshow
- Exhibitors should demonstrate that their offerings align to South African Tourism’s strategy which is clear regarding the inclusion of geographical spread within South Africa. While this is not a pre-requisite, it would be advantageous
South African Tourism will not charge a participation fee, however the cost of flights, accommodation, visas and land transfers will be for the exhibitor’s own expense. Estimated costs of flights and accommodation will be approximately R 35,000.00.
Exhibitors wishing to attend the Roadshow will need to provide the following:
- A CIPC certificate with proof of rights to use trade names (if different from the registered business name)
- Tax Certificate
- Third Party insurance compliance
- Proof that you belong to an association and from your local provincial authority that you are a registered tourism partner. You may also provide the latest verified certification as this will be accepted
Please indicate your interest, together with the required documents and a motivation based on the criteria to Sharon@satsa.co.za by no later than 30 September 2018.
For more information or any queries to joining the South African Tourism’s ‘Learn SA’ Middle East Roadshows, please contact Sadiq Dindar at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Hannelie du Toit
Chief Operating Officer
Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (SATSA)