A survey of SATSA Conference 2014 delegates reveals that the arrangements, content and venue were a resounding success.
Survey questions canvassed delegates for their opinions on the conference’s format, speakers, organisation and location. Many suggestions were made to a series of open-ended questions, which the National Office team will take into account for future events.
We did, however, glean the following statistics from the questionnaire:
- A full house – 100% of respondents – felt their reasons for attending were addressed.
- 28.21% stated the conference gave them a great deal of value; 56.41% said they received a lot of value; and 15.38% rated the value received as moderate.
- 92.31% plan to attend next year’s conference, and 7.69% indicated a ‘maybe’.
- 97.37% were happy with the conference sessions. The same proportion enjoyed the panel discussion format of topics.
- 81.58% reported they had sufficient access to speakers. The total number of respondents, however, felt the SATSA team was accessible during the event.
- 89.19% found the conference website easy to use and well laid out.
- 94.74% were happy with Spier as a venue, while 65.71% of respondents who stayed over, were happy with the hotel (2.86% were not, and 31.43% did not take up the accommodation).
- 81.08% found the food to their liking.
- 91.89% were happy with service levels.
- 97.30 felt two full days was a suitable length of time for the conference.
Well done on a great conference, and fantastic to meet more of the trade, and thank you for personally introducing the Minister of Tourism and the opportunity to have a few minutes with him.
Sean Bradley,Global Manager – Trade & Product Support, Global Sales Development & Alliances, SAA
I would like to extend a big thank you to you, Dave Frost and the team at SATSA for the most enlightening conference I have been to for a long time. I have taken so much information away from it and I hope that I can remember everything so that I can pass it on.
Celeste Visser, Sales Account Manager-Inbound, Budget Rent a Car
Now it’s to look to the way forward and try and implement the new things we learned at the conference. It was an eye opener for me and I would like to become a member. We have been in operation for four years. I am sure the exposure we will get from this will help us expand and reach our goals.
Diana Mhlanga, Mushambo African Safari Travel and Tours, Zambia
Thank you so much for the superb organisation at the recent SATSA conference. It was a very successful event and perfectly balanced between the business and leisure activities presented. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and am looking forward to next year. Congratulations to the whole team!!
Terry Fenton-Wells, SA Magic Travel
Thank for a superb conference! It was extremely well organised, in a pretty spectacular setting. The presentations and discussion sessions were extremely worthwhile and of high quality, and I found a lot of the information provided very useful as well as insightful. The networking opportunities were well-used also! I was delighted by the gifts – the wine and the sapling which was certainly an inspired choice. The food was great despite the odd glitches, and the entertainment a delight.
Karen Kohler, Research Manager, Tourism Information Services, Tourism Kwa-Zulu Natal
A quick note to give you and your entire team involved with setting up the recent SATSA AGM at Spier a big thumbs up. Well done guys, I thought the entire event was excellent, well prepared, well managed with great content. I heard great feedback from amongst the delegates regarding the conference and many people commented on the discussion on small business. As an independent hospitality participant I am all too aware that the larger groups often tend to dominate proceedings. If I may suggest, an action for the future would be to do a SATSA road trip with the new Ministry dedicated to the SME business development.
Kobus Botha, Managing Director, Urban Hip Hotels