SATSA has been growing steadily in the stature over the past couple of years. This is reflected in increasing membership numbers. There still exists significant scope to grow membership within the inbound tourism and associated sector. SATSA has developed an ambitious growth plan to realise this.
In order to fulfil this plan, dedicated resources and continued effort are required. The Executive Committee and Management team are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned and strategic Sales and Sponsorship Manager. The successful incumbent will have an excellent sales track record, strong existing industry relationships and an in-depth knowledge of tourism.
The Sales and Sponsorship Manager will be responsible for managing all SATSA sponsorship contracts, soliciting new sponsorship deals, and maximizing sponsorship revenue. The incumbent will also be responsible for increasing SATSA’s membership database, sourcing value-add partnerships, promoting the Tourism Conservation Fund and selling SATSA advertising opportunities.
The Sales and Sponsorship Manager will be responsible for THE following South African provinces: Gauteng, Limpopo, North West, Mpumalanga, KZN, the Eastern Cape and the Free State. In addition the successful candidate will also cover the SADC region.
• Research, develop and continually update a potential sponsorship database
• Pitch effectively across multiple decision makers
• Produce strong and effective sponsorship proposals based on benefit-driven solutions
• Negotiate and develop contracts, in conjunction with COO, for high yield sponsorship packages
• Implement all sponsorship contract elements
2.2. Tourism Conservation Fund
• SATSA, in partnership with Peace Parks Foundation, will launch a Tourism Conservation Fund during 2017. The fund will provide industry with a way to intervene at scale and play a more proactive role in addressing the issues that are threatening its key resource: wildlife. The duties of the Sales and Sponsorship Manager will include the promotion and sales of the fund once launched.
2.3. Value-Add Partnerships
• Identify potential value-add partnerships
• Liaise with partners to understand key requirements and criteria of success
• Develop, negotiate and implement value-add agreements
2.4. SATSA Membership
• Identify potential new members through research, sales platforms, industry meetings, etc.
• Pitch effectively across multiple decision makers and convert to membership
• Drive SATSA membership in areas of responsibility set out above
• Sales of SATSA Website and App advertising opportunities
• Represent SATSA in public fora and industry meetings
• Assist in defining member benefit / sales statements
• Prepare monthly and quarterly internal reports on all activities and target achievement
• Prepare quarterly external reports including return on investment
3. Minimum Requirements
• Strong track record of sponsorship and/or sales experience
• Strong existing industry relationships
• In-depth knowledge of the tourism industry
• Excellent verbal, written, listening and public speaking skills
• Must be very well organized with strong time management skills
• Must display great attention to detail
• Must be able to travel in areas set out above
To apply please send your CV, salary expectation and a one page motivation telling us why you should get the job to Hannelie@satsa.co.za on or before 20 February 2017.