The Vehicle Specification Task Team oversees inspections and reviews specifications in order to ensure that vehicle standards are in line with current and pending Road Traffic Regulations and other relevant legislation.
All applicants are required to comply with the required specifications.
During 2019 the Vehicle Specification Task Team shall, in consultation with Manufacturers and Convertors, SABC specialists and OSV Operators, conduct a process to review the current vehicle standards with a number of items under consideration which include, but are not limited to:
- Current vehicle specifications
- Regularity of vehicle inspections. Presently vehicle inspections are required on initial application and then every five years thereafter
- Requirements for First Aid Kits as well as expiry determination will be discussed
- Investigations are also underway to fit generic radio and tracking systems to all OSV’s. This will assist with improved monitoring and will not be limited to OSV vehicles. Feedback and costs on this will be communicated by SATSA in due course
- Registration of Manufacturers and Convertors and a database of approved suppliers for OSV conversions
Where amendments to specifications are determined, these shall be communicated to industry and depending on the amendments, phased in processes shall be determined to allow existing vehicles adequate time to comply.
Please download the 2019 OSV Vehicle Inspection Certificate for details on vehicle specs here
For vehicle specification enquiries and vehicle inspection bookings please contact:
Piet van Wyk
013 735 4337
Vanessa van den Berg
013 735 4248