All Operators are required to submit various forms to ensure that they comply with requirements at company, vehicle and Guide levels. The completed Application Form, signed Terms and Conditions, along with relevant supporting documents and annual permit fees need to be provided in order to approve OSV permits.
A digital application system was developed, and Operators are assisted through the process to make the procedure as painless as possible. Although SATSA asks for information relating to individual businesses, it is treated with the utmost confidentiality. The aim is to determine the OSV ‘tourism footprint’ and measure the project impact year on year. This is of key importance when talking to government and potential sponsors allowing the industry to speak with more authority.
An Operator shall not be entitled to conduct business as an OSV Operator in the Park unless and until a valid permit to do so has been issued.
The steps below explain the Application Process. You can also download the OSV Permitting Process form here
Step 1: Getting the Application Forms
On the SATSA website (www.satsa.com) click on the link to the OSV section and download the documents
Send an email to email@example.com
Step 2: Completing & Submitting the Application
Throughout the process the OSV Coordinating Unit is available to provide support and answer questions to assist with your application.
Complete in full and sign the following documents (this can be done electronically):
Attach the required company supporting documents as follows:
- Company Registration Documents (CIPC registration documents)
- Shareholder Identity Documents (per shareholder)
- Proof that the company is registered for tax purposes
- B-BBEE Certificate or Affidavit (if available)
- Letter / Policy from insurer indicating valid passenger liability and public liability insurance
Attach the required vehicle supporting documents as follows (per vehicle):
- Motor vehicle licence and roadworthy including licence disc and operator card
- Operating Licence from the NPTR
- SABS certificate or Certificate of Compliance (conversion/builders certificate with roll-over protection)
- Vehicle inspection certificate from KNP
OSV Guide Register Application Form (to be completed and signed by each Guide) and supporting Guide documents to be provided as follows:
- Guide card (front and back)
- Drivers licence and PrDP
- KNP Orientation Certificate
Step 3: Due Diligence & Approval
Upon receipt of the application and supporting documents the OSV Coordinating Unit shall:
- Capture all the information onto the OSV database
- Conduct due diligence on all documents received
- Approve the application or request any outstanding documentation where the requirements have not been met.
The due diligence process may take up to 2 weeks.
Step 4: Payment & Collection of Permit/s
Once the application has been approved, you will:
- Receive a confirmation email and an invoice for the permit fees
- On payment, SATSA will send confirmation of the approval to SANParks and you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to arrange collection of your permit and monitoring decal
- SANParks will prepare the permit and monitoring decal for collection at Skukuza
Once payment has been received the preparation of the permit may take up to 2 weeks