The Park Benefits Task Team oversees the review and implementation of additional park benefits.
A number of value-added park benefits have been implemented, are in negotiation, or are in the process of implementation such as:
- 15 minutes early access at all KNP gates
- Dedicated sites (bush braais)
- Dedicated picnic sites (Skukuza implemented and (due for upgrade early in 2019)
- Dedicated parking sites
- Assistance with NPTR applications
- Tailor made OSV Insurance (SATIB)
- Management road access was initially discussed, however the complicated issues around poaching and visitor safety resulted in ongoing deliberations
- Fast and easy gate entrance
Ongoing discussions and negotiations continue at the OSV Steering Committee and the Task Teams work closely to review and determine ways forward for additional benefits and opportunities.