South African Tourism will host its 2nd annual roadshow to the Nordics in October 2018 and you are invited to apply to participate.
The invitation from South Africa Tourism as follows:
Following the success of the 2017 roadshow some key learnings were identified:
- The Nordic traveller is an immature visitor to South Africa, and the Nordic travel trade have limited knowledge of what to sell (Cape Town, Garden Route and Kruger)
- Through exposing additional provinces and experiences to the region, we need to educate them on where they are and how to package these experiences
To this end, and in line with exposing the Nordic travel trade that sells the destination to as much of South Africa as possible, we will have a different model to applications this year. We will be taking “networks” of SA trade and product to the roadshow, as opposed to approving/declining individual products. The networks will incorporate product from a geographic perspective and will then be grouped in accordance with key experience pillars (namely Active Adventure, City Lifestyle, Coastal Beach, Cultural Roots, Scenic Outdoors and Wildlife Safari) that South African Tourism markets globally.
The process will be as follows:
- Product apply as a network consisting of a transport provider, experiences/ activities, accommodation (hotel groups welcome to target various regions/ provinces for networks), and any other offering that links to the network
- A maximum of 6 and minimum of 4 suppliers per network may apply, please ensure that you include a minimum of 2 small/ medium enterprises (SMMEs) and ensure your network incorporates diversity and inclusivity
- We will accommodate 6 – 9 networks in total
- Suppliers are also welcome to apply as individual companies, and will then be grouped within a network by us, however you are encouraged to apply as a network as far as possible as it would increase chances of selection.
Cities covered as follows:
Aarhus, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Helsinki and Oslo.
Dates: 17 – 26 October 2018
Cost: 1600 euros per person (maximum 1 pax per company), totalling 9600 euros per network. Should your application be submitted as a network as opposed to an individual company, the cost will be 8800 euros (a discount of 800 euros in total).
The cost for participation will include all accommodation (bed and breakfast) for the duration of the show, transfers to and from hotels and dinner on workshop days. The cost does not include international and regional flights and trains, nor any meals not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
All applications are to be received by no later than Friday 17 August 2018.
Please send all applications to Pule Mmola on email@example.com.
Should you have any questions, please contact Abby Swartz, Marketing and Promotions Manager: Nordic Region on firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 895 3093