Calabash Tours is a small, locally focused tour company that has been operating since 1997. We offer a range of services to both Inbound Tour operators, and to individual tourists who are interested in exploring Nelson Mandela Bay, its people, and the fantastic wildlife experiences within close proximity to the City.
Steeped in responsible tourism and pro-poor tourism thinking, our ground breaking approach allows visitors to access, understand and appreciate the social history of the people, their day to day experiences of being black South Africans during apartheid, as well as during our emergence as a democracy. Our experiences are real, authentic, and ethical.
Calabash Tours is owned and operated by a dynamic team, who share a vision of tourism being a powerful development tool, while balancing the social needs of the poor with the desire by our visitors to have fun, to learn, and to engage with the South African people in an ethical way.
Townships are home to some interesting, inspiring people. Join us on a Journey of Hope as we visit some amazing self-help projects, where community members will explain their work, and show you around the projects. From burgeoning vegetable gardens, to community care workers, this visit will leave you in awe.
We are Fair Trade Tourism South Africa accredited.
- Authentic experiences
- Community Tourism
- Fair trade
- Fair trade in tourism
- Highly skilled accredited tourist guides
- Local community upliftment
- Responsible and sustainable tourism
- Unique experiences
- Volunteer projects
- Addo Elephant National Park Safari
- Cultural and Historical Tours
- Enjoy the brew at a shebeen
- Experience a traditional dinner or lunch
- Experience real people and real culture
- Local Community Tour
- Port Elizabeth
- Red Location
- Responsible Tourism
- Tourist Transfers
- Township Experience
- Township tours
- Visit a traditional craft market
- Suite 126-128 Summerstrand Hotel, Marine Drive, Port Elizabeth
- -33.99377395231419, 25.67631125471962
- +27 41 585 6162
- +27 41 5831706