Ashanti Backpackers opened in 1992 and over this time has certainly figured out what travellers need, so as well as clean and comfortable rooms you’ll also find a number of handy innovations like individual reading lights, personal safes, international plug points and charging stations for devices.
Well-known for our superb facilities, outstanding service and excellent security this establishment offers a fun, friendly, effortless way to discover the Cape….and more! Our safe, secure premises are open 24 hours a day, offer free wi-fi, delicious breakfasts, amazing Table Mountain views and have the friendliest staff around.
Within walking distance of the city centre we cater for a variety of budget accommodation needs from camping and backpacker dormitories to single, double and twin rooms with shared bathroom facilities right up to the en-suite rooms in our Guest Houses around the corner.
Chill next to our sparkling pool, in our landscaped garden or on any of our spacious balconies – or meet fellow travellers in the bar and find a wingman to climb Table Mountain with!
Our staff are also very experienced in advising on the best tours and activities around as well as letting you know those secret insider tips on where to eat and party in Cape Town.
- 24 hour reception
- Dormitories with bunk beds
- En-suite private rooms in guest houses
- Family rooms with bathroom
- FREE backpacker breakfast
- FREE cooked buffet breakfast for all private rooms
- Individual digital safes + reading lights + international plugs + charging points
- New modern bathrooms
- Pool table
- Private rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- Renovated Victorian mansion
- Swimming pool
- Travel information and booking office
- Beer pong
- First Thursdays
- Lion's Head full moon hikes
- pool competition
- Rugby and soccer