South African Tourism has opened their expression of interest process for IBTM China 2019 which will take place on 28 and 29 August 2019 at the China National Convention Centre in Beijing.
IBTM (Incentive, Business Travel and Meeting Exhibition for Travel and Tourism) China provides the ultimate platform for the world’s leading suppliers to the MICE industry to meet top level buyers with strong purchasing power who are responsible for organising and planning meetings, events and business travel, both in China, Asia and the rest of the world. IBTM China has over 4,000 attendees and exhibitors include: international venues, hotels, destinations, technology, business travel and events services providers essential for your meetings, conferences, incentives and events.
IBTM China attracts buyers, event planners and all those involved in the decision-making process for meetings, events, conferences, incentives, as well as those involved in booking and buying business travel/group travel. The unique Hosted Buyer Programme sets IBTM China apart from other exhibitions, hosting over 450 top level decision makers who place international business, and facilitating over 8,900 one to one appointments between exhibitors and buyers. To access a presentation on IBTM please click here.
Should you be interested, please complete this expression of interest and send it, together with your profile, to SAT (email@example.com) to assist them to make an informed decision regarding participation.
The following criteria will be used when choosing enterprises to participate with SAT at the show:
- Enterprises who are affiliated with leisure and business events trade associations such as SATSA, TBCSA, SAACI, EXSA, ICCA, and SITE
- Enterprises must have experience in participating at local trade platforms e.g. Meetings Africa or Africa Travel Indaba
- Product and services who are market ready and have capacity to host and provide services for groups over 100 delegates
- Proven track record in rendering services for conferences, incentives or exhibitions
- Client references and portfolio of evidence to be provided
- In the case of a tour operator, the product and services who are market ready and have capacity to host and provide services for groups from 50 and above delegates
- In the case of accommodation, the product and services who are market ready and have capacity to accommodate and provide services for groups from 50 and above delegates
- Enterprises will be chosen based on geographical spread covering all the 9 provinces
- Enterprises/Business Representative should have knowledge about product in their respective provinces and have knowledge about South Africa as a destination
- Enterprises need to able to provide a minimum of three star graded (as per TGCSA) accommodation
- Enterprises to have an official website
The following process will be taken:
- All applications will be subject to a technical assessment to confirm eligibility and verify/review the information and documentation provided in relation to the show requirements
- Based on the outcome of the technical assessment, qualifying applications will be recommended to South African Tourism adjudication panel
- The adjudication panel will assess, qualify, score and rank recommended applications for suitability
- Based on the outcome of the adjudication process, the panel will make recommendations for final approval
- Factors that will be considered for assessment and scoring by the adjudication panel will include the market readiness of the enterprise (operational track record, marketing and promotion initiatives, capacity, integrated nature of package or service offered)
- Trade Show participants will be segmented to ensure that we have the correct product mix on the South Africa stand. Segmented by DMC’s, Products Experiences, etc.
The deadline for submission is Friday 21 June 2019. Kindly send your responses to Sakhile Ndhlovu on firstname.lastname@example.org.