We are heartened by the overwhelming interest and support we have received for the 2018 conference from our partners, our own members and those we hope are members-to-be. It was our biggest conference to date with over 290 delegates in attendance.
This is the 5th year we have used the format of facilitated discussions, drawing on the vast reservoir of residual knowledge inherent within SATSA and augmented by some key external expertise. We believe this conference format and the selected topics are extremely relevant for SATSA members.
My aim for this conference was to present new opportunities and solutions to members across a variety of areas. It brought us together across the lines of private and public sectors as one united tourism family. It was encouraging to see some of the big names in the industry and high-profile individuals who stayed in the room all day.
Among the outcomes of the 2018 SATSA Conference I’d like to highlight, are:
- The future creation of a POPI/GDPR guide to assist our members
- SATSA Transformation Framework will be shared with members for support and input
In closing, I have a lengthy list of stakeholders to whom I would like to extend a heartfelt word of appreciation.
- Thank you to those who extended their conference with either a pre- or post-stay to sample the fantastic offerings of the Nelson Mandela Bay and Eastern Cape. It really helped in achieving the conference goal of geographical spread.
- Thank you to all our wonderful partners and sponsors who contributed to making this conference a reality.
- Thank you to Minister of Tourism, Derek Hanekom, who was called away on BRICS business and was not able to attend, but regardless went above and beyond to ensure that he still had a presence at the conference.
- Thank you to former Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Athol Trollip for opening the conference and returning to observe.
- Thank you to South African Tourism, our core partner of this conference, and the participation of their team throughout, including CEO Sisa Ntshona.
- Thank you to public sector CEOs who took the time to spend with private sector industry
- Thank you to all moderators and panellists for sharing their expertise
- Thank you to SATSA Members for their commitment and loyalty
- Thank you to the SATSA Board and the staff who ensured that everything ran smoothly
If you attended the SATSA Conference, we would greatly appreciate your input on the event for future conferences. It won’t take 5 minutes of your time and of course helps us to refine our conference plans for 2019. Click here to access the survey
As all great events draw to a close, we begin the journey of creating yet another exceptional conference for 2019. We would like to invite the industry and partners to forward any ideas and proposals they may have for our next conference.
In 2019, SATSA turns 50. It’s going to be a momentous occasion and we hope you will join us to share in this landmark event.